Establishment of a new Hotel Quality and Classification System Abu Dhabi
Establishment of a new Hotel Quality and Classification System for Abu Dhabi
With SRI International, SW Associates was contracted to analyze the hotel classification system in Abu Dhabi and compare this to other systems such as the Swiss classification system. This involved a detailed comparative analysis that produced a customized system based on an internationally recognized five-star rating system.
The Objectives and Results were:
- Establishment of a rating system that is consistent with international standards
- Provided clear framework for investors, tour operators, and guests
- Developed ratings for hotel properties in Abu Dhabi based on international standards.
- Increased the competitiveness of Abu Dhabi’s hotels and overall tourism products.
- Guest accommodations factors (bedrooms and bathrooms)
- Overall building characteristics
- Food and beverage facilities
- Guest leisure and professional services (health club facilities, pools, gardens, and business and conference facilities)
- The availability of miscellaneous services such as express check-out and bed turndown
- Fire and safety measures
- Quality of hotel furniture and cleanliness of public premises
- Amenities above the minimal standards