National Tourism Data and Hotel Investment Analysis Azerbaijan
SW Associates was commissioned by the Ministry of Tourism to conduct a comprehensive analysis and formulate detailed plans for the following priority areas:
- The hotel quality and classification system.
- The domestic tourism statistics system.
Activities & Services:
Hotel Classification System:
- Comprehensive analysis of the goals, organizational resources, performance and relevance of the hotel classification system in Azerbaijan.
- Comparative analysis of the hotel classification system with other systems in Abu Dhabi, New Zealand, Germany and the UK.
- User-generated reviews of accommodations were discussed with the Ministry and industry stakeholders.
- Conducted a brainstorming session with hotel industry stakeholders to consider the strengths and weaknesses of the existing system and importance of the growing trend of user-generated reviews.
- Provided recommendations for an improved system, keeping in mind adaptations for Azerbaijan.
- Provided recommendations for improved implementation of the system.
- Developed an Action Plan for reclassification of accommodations and better leveraging of user-generated reviews.
Assessed domestic tourism statistics
- Conducted a strengths and weaknesses analysis of the domestic tourism statistics collection and analysis process.
- Reviewed the human resource and technological capacity for addressing the gaps in collection, analysis and application of statistics results.
- Provided recommendations and an Action Plan for improved collection and use of domestic tourism statistics.