Palestinian Authority – Sustainable Tourism Development Palestinian Authority
USAID COMPETE Project, Tourism Development in the West Bank.
SWA was commissioned by DAI to be the lead tourism sub-contractor for the USAID COMPETE, which comprised the following main activities:
- Organized hotel management training by introducing certification programs of the American Hotel & Lodging Association
- Support target market development (i.e. faith-based, cultural, domestic and Arab Israeli).
- Facilitate and increase private investment in tourism infrastructure, products and services.
- Support new and innovative. Associations/organizations focused on diversifying product base.
- Improving the management and marketing capacity of family-owned business and MSMEs serving new markets.
- Foster a sector-wide/unified strategy to improve the quality of human resources and service standards.
- Assisting with the business planning, marketing, and media relations for a Palestinian-Israeli tour venture, Breaking Bread Journeys, which attracted international attention.